Monday, November 3, 2008

Biking Ban

The other day I was extremely late to class as usual! Every time I am late, I always think one of two things- one: why did I pick a class that is so far, and two: I wish I could ride a bike on ring road!
I know this bothers a lot of people, especially since other UC's allow bikes and skateboards. I understand that there are non fatal casualties with pedestrians but I think that bicyclists and skateboarders should just remain on one side of ring road and pedestrians on the other. Secondly, I think it is ridiculous that you can get a ticket for riding your bike to class. Banning is one thing but ticketing is another. Yes I know that ticketing is the reinforcement for the ban but still!

Personally, I think that everyone should bring a bike or skateboard on campus and that way the campus police cannot ticket everyone. Maybe I am being ridiculous and just looking for another excuse on how it's not my fault that I am late to class. But if you think about it logically, if you can ride your bike in Irvine, in which everyone does (and I am glad that I haven't hit one), then we should be able to skate board and ride our bikes.

But I do think the unicyclist should be band. I think that that is a disaster waiting to happen !

No comments: