Wednesday, March 18, 2009

WYWTD- Conclusion

Now that the ten weeks are over, my blog series will come to a close. At first, I found it difficult to observe my reactions because I had come to learn that my reactions were tamed. In this sense, I mean that I followed the "proper" rules of society. In many instances I did want to act one way but did another due to these rules. Soon enough however, I was able to slowly draw out my initial reactions rather than my tamed reactions. In regards to the tame reactions, I found that many situations called for one to hold back for the betterment of an issue. Overall, I learned that our reactions are formed specifically as a result of social structure. The social structure calls for people to be concerned and aware of their surroundings and consequences. Without this social structure people would act on their instinct but this would do more harm than good.

No comments: