Wednesday, March 18, 2009

WYWTD-Talking to the police

So a few weeks ago, my friend Steph and I had to shoot some footage for my Arts 60 class. Our plan was to film an officer pulling someone over. Steph and I were determined to get this footage, especially since our classmates said that we wouldn't be able to do it. Anyways, Steph and I went over to the UCI police station and got the nerve up to ask if they would mind if we filmed them pulling someone over. We ended up being able to get film what we needed, thanked the officers and left. After, Steph and I were talking about how crazy it was that we were able to film the officer. I eventually came to the realization that if Steph wasn't there with me, I probably would not have gone to the station at all. I brought this up to Steph and she said the same thing. To put it simply, I was intimidated by the police. Although I have never met these particular officers, I was automatically scared mostly due to the stigma that surrounds police. I felt that if I went with Steph, there was more strength within me. I thought that was an odd way of feeling but I guess that quote "strength in numbers," holds a lot of significance. Anyways, INTIMIDATION would have been the reason if Steph would not have come along, but I'm glad she did because it makes for a semi-unique story.

No comments: