Saturday, January 10, 2009

WYWTD- TAMED

Since I have started this blog series, which was only a few days ago, I have tried to act on my natural reaction. What I have noticed is that I am very quick to tame my first reaction. In fact I am so quick that I often think that my "normal" reaction is to be calm and/or distant so that a situation can cool or not be awkward. But I came to the realization that I have been taming my instinctive reaction so much so that I rationalize everything. I feel like this is normal for mostly everyone but I still find it odd that my "normal" reaction tends to be acted out first. It seems like my normal, rational, reaction is a leash on my instinctive reaction and I am finding it difficult to untie this leash. I am still trying to understand when and why I let this "leash" be in control of what I do. I have been thinking about it and in my eyes, the leash some what represent the unwritten code of mannerism of society by society and I am still led to the same question: why do we act by this unwritten code?
Even though I am still unaware of this answer, I feel I have taken another step forward to finding my answer. By recognizing that the majority of my reactions are tamed due to habit I am going to always ask myself "If you could act in any manner and there would be no consequences and no emotions to tie you down, what would you truly do?" Hopefully my instinctive reactions will shine through and not get me into any real trouble.

No comments: