Saturday, January 17, 2009

WYWTD- Wanna be... Sort of

The other night I was watching TV, which I rarely do since I started college, and a show came on ABC called " What Would You Do?"  Once I saw this my mouth literally dropped!  I continued  to watch, noting all the similarities this show had with my blog.  It was an interesting show in which it staged scenarios such as a man ruffing a lady's drink while the audience would wait to see the reactions of the spectators.  I was surprised to  some of the reactions of that particular scenario.  Some people did not bother to tell the girl that the man rufied her drink rather, they told the man they saw what happened or they just walked away.  I ended up watching the whole show to see the similarities and differences between it and my blog.  The show was similar in the sense  that we were both looking to see a reaction and we were searching for the "why"  of each reaction.  It was different however because it was staged and even though it was looking for a reaction it was not looking for your first (instinctive) "untamed" reaction (What you really want to d0) as in my blogs.

The formation of the show eventually had me thinking about the formation of my blog and had me questioning "Amy I going about the right way to find out the question- why do people tame their reactions?"  I felt that my experiment or "research" and "process" of it needed a small change to get a better answer.

The Change:
I am now going to try to instigate a reaction.  What I mean is that when a situation reveals itself as a possibility for  my blog I'm going to give my initial reaction but I'm going to do so in levels until I get their reaction.  Then the next change is going to involve me to talk to them after asking why did they react as  they did and if I have to instigate a reaction out of them (which is likely for about 85% of the situations) then I'm going to ask them why it took so long for them to react?  What were your fears about your reaction? and What ultimately led you to react in which ever way they did

No comments: