Saturday, February 21, 2009

WYWTD- UCI Parking Nazi!!

Earlier this February I was oh so lucky to receive a parking ticket from none other than the parking nazis of UCI. Yes I know it was my fault but I still have the right to feel bitter about the situation. Anywho, it was a $52 ticket and I knew if i told my mom she would flip a b, so I did the best thing for my life and I didn't tell her. I just figure I would go to the parking office, pay the ticket in cash (because she checks all my transactions) and just be $50 down on my luck. About 3 days ago, I get a phone call from mom saying I got a parking ticket and in my head I was like "I better sit down and get ready to be yelled at and told how irresponsible I am." She began telling me that I should refute because in her mind it wasn't true but I told her it was and there was no way for me to refute the ticket. She then asked me when I was planning on telling her, my response "Never," and why didn't I tell her. After the phone call, her last question "Why didn't you tell," remained in my head for a few reasons. One was because I felt lucky she did not get as mad as I thought she would, and secondly because I felt it had to do with this blog. There have been a lot of things that I wanted or should have done but did not simply because I was scared of my mom or I was scared of something else. I would not necessarily say I did not want to face the consequences of my actions, but I was scared of the reactions I would receive from her. In my opinion, fear is a restraint from allowing you to do what you want to do.

FEAR.

No comments: