Wednesday, February 4, 2009

WYWTD- For the sake of sanity

Although this story does not pertain to me, it does involve me. One of my best friend, named Ally has been going through issues with her ex-boyfriend. I have heard the story and updates about it a million times and I am not going to type it out because honestly I am sick of thinking about it but it does pertain to this blog. I do however need to give you the background information. Ally used to date this guy named Jared and they had a pretty good relationship until last May. As in many relationships, there were a lot of lies being said from his side and my friend Ally, who considered him her first love, found it difficult to let go and cut off communication with him. Although I advised her to not talk to him again, mainly because I knew she would not be able to just be friends with him, she did so anyways. In doing so, she made many mistakes and her frustration towards him and his actions unfortunately resulted in her doing and saying crazy things to him. Eventually she stopped talking to him, but every now and then she tries to find an excuse to start up a conversation (this is where the blog comes in). So a few days ago, it was Jared's birthday and Ally had approached me with her dilemma: whether she should or should not say Happy Birthday to him. She said she wanted to say it because he did say happy birthday to her when they weren't talking. However, she also pointed out that she refused to because she simply hates him. I told her that I felt she shouldn't do it but that she should do whatever she felt was best. Ally replied that she wouldn't do it because I said that it would be a bad idea but in all actuality she wanted too. It was here when I asked her why? What was holding her back from talking to him again even if she really did want to talk to him? She responded that she did not want to lose her sanity. I understood exactly what she meant but I don't know if you will. What she meant was that every time she even starts to talk to him, she falls back into this pattern which resulted in embarrassing impulsive actions. When Ally had fallen under these patterns previously, she had referenced herself as insane. While Ally is no where near insane, some of her actions lacked the sanity factor. This is where I found the next reason.

Reason 5. Sanity

No comments: